Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) IOR is one of the most advanced fulfillment networks in the world, because your business can greatly benefit from selling goods through this platform. With FBA, you don’t need to set up your own distribution center.
Amazon will collect, pack and ship the products to the consumers. therefore the best part about FBA is that you can easily scale up your business as your sales increase over time.
In this post, we will shed light on the role of an exporter of record (EOR) such as GCE Logistics, for a company that wants to send goods to the Amazon fulfillment center. because we want to inform you about the functions of the EOR in taking care of your goods shipped to a fulfillment center in the US. as well as there is another service being hired now related to Amazon as Amazon IOR or Amazon Importer of Record
The Role of EOR in Shipping Goods to Amazon Fulfillment Centers
Any company that wants to send goods to the Amazon fulfillment center must hire an exporter of record (EOR). because Amazon will not act as an EOR for any goods that are sent to the fulfillment center. This is applicable for shipment of goods of any value or size. If you do not hire an EOR, therefore your goods may be refused or returned.
An EOR is responsible for all aspects of the export process. Some of the responsibilities of an EOR include the following.
- Make sure that the exported goods conform to local rules and regulations
- Pay duties, fees and taxes on goods, if applicable
- Answer all possible queries from the US Customs and Border Control
- Obtain and fill export documents
- Take legal responsibilities for nonconformance to local rules
- Keep detailed record of supporting documents
If you are exporting goods that are not permitted or included in the restricted item list, therefore the EOR will get the required authorizations or permits. Some of the items that are on the restricted or prohibited list include certain alcohol, medications, agricultural products, plants and seeds and wildlife products.
What Does Our E-Commerce Amazon IOR Importer of Record Service Include?
- Complete documentation and compliance checks
- Acquisition of import permits and licensing
- Clearing of shipment through relevant customs authorities
- Payment of all customs clearance charges and levies on your behalf
- We carry out the last-mile delivery to the final consumer
- Periodic reporting on shipment status
- Warehousing and storage solutions
- Temporary imports/temporary exports through third countries
- Management of your products through customs procedures
An EOR can play an invaluable role when it comes to sending goods to the Amazon fulfillment center.
the export agent will act as your representative in the US. You won’t have to deal with the legal requirements regarding exporting the goods. The agent will take care it for you.
Keep in mind that Amazon is not responsible for any taxes, duties, and fees that are levied on the goods stored in the FBA inventory. Any shipment that arrives at the fulfillment center with customs duties due will be sent back to you. That’s why it’s important that you hire an EOR to take care of all the monetary obligations regarding the shipped products.