IOR Importer of record
This is the responsible party for an importation. The importer is legally liable for payment of duties, taxes and fees and compliance with customs and other government agency regulations pertaining to their imports. This may be the party who is buying or receiving the imported goods, or an interested party in the transaction who has the right to make entry under the customs regulations.
IOR is a customs term for the entity responsible for:
- ensuring the imported goods comply with local laws and regulations
- filing a completed duty entry and associated documents
- paying the assessed import duties and other taxation for those goods
The import regulations are different from country to country and you will not find a definition of term Importer of Record in the Customs code of the Customs of your country.
The importation of goods carries with it many legal obligations concerning duties, country of origin, and other regulatory matters which are enforced by the Customs. There may be a need for a license to import, an importer number must be established with the Customs, and a bond provided in Customs favor in order to import. The importer, or the importer of record (IOR) will be held liable for all customs-related aspects of the import transaction.
In order to import your products to any serviced country, it is essential that you have a Physical presence in the country. We offer low cost solutions to companies, which do not have a direct presence in the country the goods should be imported to, GCE Logistic, will act as an Importer of Record or Exporter of Record.
What we do as IOR - Importer of Record
- Do compliance assessment
- Act as an importer for customs and taxation declaration purposes at the time of import
- Prepare reports to Customs, Tax and other state agencies, be responsible for legal compliance and inventory registry during the term of imports.
- Obtain necessary import licenses and permits.
- Maintain records for the minimum duration required by the customer and under local Law
- Pay all import and export duties and taxes
- Provide storage and warehousing service, if required by customer.
- GCE Logistics will perform compliance assessment to define import restrictions (import licenses, import permits, certification required), acquisition process and timeline for permits and certification, customs taxes, duties and charges.
- Simplification of shipments customs clearance – GCE Logistics is a licensed customs broker with highly efficient and experienced staff.
- GCE Logistics will provide legal entity to act as an Importer of Record (IOR) – this will save the customer costs of establishing legal entities in the country - office and warehouse rent or purchasing, staff salary, salary taxes and hardship allowances.
GCE logistics IOR service coverage: countries & map
Have a question? Please let us know how we can help you